Electric cars are no longer an underperforming worthy green novelty. Prices are falling, performance is rocketing and now you can charge up in under an hour.
If you have solar on your property, it can fuel your car for free – saving an average driver about £1000 per year – and you can get up to £350 towards an EV Charger installation with government OLEV grants.
- Installing a charging point in your house or business usually costs around £600 – £2000 on top of the price of the system you choose. If you choose an OLEV approved product, you can claim up to £350 off the cost under the government’s OLEV scheme.
- If you don’t yet have a Solar PV system, no problem. If you’re thinking of going solar in the future we can install an EV charging point in your home or business, connect it to your main electricity supply and make sure the set up is compatible with solar PV systems.
- The government wants to encourage the use of electric and low emission vehicles. Which means you can get up to £350 towards the cost of your EV charge point. You can recover 75% of the cost of the EV charger up to £350 under the OLEV scheme.
Request This Service
Want to know more about EV Chargers?
Call 01622 278 029
- Local office, local staff, local installations.
- Trademen not Salesmen – No sales targets to meet, just honest advice.
- Fully qualified Solar PV installers, electricians and roofers NOT sub contracted staff.
- High quality of workmanship and pride taken in all projects.
Contact us for an informal discussion about having a Solar PV system installed on your property in Kent, Surrey and Sussex
I have a loft conversion – could I still have PV panels installed?
Yes, PV solar panels can be fitted to any roof, even if there is no access to the loft or it is used daily.
I’ve got some shading, is that a problem?
Shading will reduce the power output of solar panels and any panels directly connected to the shaded panel. Sunbright Energy can calculate exactly what impact your shading will havel. Severe shading, like a chimney right in front of panels (known as Hard Shading) can also cause some long term damage. Naked Solar will be able to advise you of the best place for your panels to be installed.
Do I need a south facing roof?
No, Solar PV panels work on light and all roofs have light shining on them. Many customers have fitted east/west facing systems and typically generate around 86% of an equivalent south-facing roof.
I’ve been offered some panels with diodes that stop the effects of shading.
Almost every panel on the market has diodes these days and they don’t completely stop the effects of shading, however they do help.
Unit 5, Tower Ind Est, London Rd, Wrotham, Kent, TN15 7NS
01622 278 029