Solar PV Maintenance
Why service your solar PV system?
All electrical systems should be inspected and tested periodically, and solar PV and battery storage systems are no different.
As a minimum we recommend testing and inspection should be undertaken once every two years by one of our qualified electricians, trained in the relevant technology.
- Maintain optimal system performance.
- Achieve anticipated financial returns.
- Avoid fire risks.
- Ensure effective earthing.
- Check for damage to cable and connectors.
- Inspection and testing
- Inspection and testing of inverters
- AC electrical testing of solar PV circuit
- String voltage checks
- Inspection of protection devices
- Inspection of accessible connections
- Full written report
Request This Service
Want to know more about our Solar PV maintenance services?
Call 01622 278 029
- Local office, local staff, local installations.
- Trademen not Salesmen – No sales targets to meet, just honest advice.
- Fully qualified Solar PV installers, electricians and roofers NOT sub contracted staff.
- High quality of workmanship and pride taken in all projects.
Contact us for an informal discussion about having a Solar PV system installed on your property in Kent, Surrey and Sussex.
Do I need to inform Building Control?
No, leave that to us. Sunbright Energy are accredited to notify all their work to Building Control.
What happens in a power cut?
For the safety of linesmen who may be repairing the fault, your inverter will need to shut down. There are some systems we have that will allow you to have back up power in the event of a power cut. If back up is essential, we’ll be happy to put together options for you.
How are PV solar panels attached to the roof?
On homes, for standard installations, the brackets used fix to the rafters of your roof which ensures the fabric is free from loadings. However, new developments in solar technology now mean you can build your roof entirely out of solar material or solar tiles that look like part of your roof.
Commercial roofs vary in construction and there are many different mounting solutions for every different scenario. At Sunbright Energy, we’re used to dealing with complex or unusual installations.
How long does a PV Solar Panel installation take?
Home installations take up to two days to install. However, typical installations are finished in one day.
Commercial installations can take longer, depending on the size of the site and the specific requirements of your business.
Unit 5, Tower Ind Est, London Rd, Wrotham, Kent, TN15 7NS
01622 278 029